Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hades and His Lover (Pt. 10)

A note on Thanatos: I am pretty much making up a lot about his character. If you want the TRUTH on him, he has a Wikipedia page, or you can look him up on Google. I am taking a mix of my own imagination, and the actuality of the deity. Don’t get TO attached to him, as I am not sure if I will be bringing him back later (unless you like him!).

Part Ten

James looked up from where he was pressing a stack of shirts near the closet.
“I take it that your trip didn’t turn out as well as you had hoped?” The tone of his voice irked me, but I let it go. After a couple of hundred years with him acting as my manservant, he had taken a few liberties in the way he spoke to me. Marius would never have dreamed to speak to me the way that James did. And that really just made me miss him all the more.
“No, it didn’t.”
“So, is what Hermes said true? Is he sleeping with the mortal boy?”
“Yes,” I couldn’t stop the bite in my voice as I picked myself up from the ground where I had fallen. The portal had closed again now. It would take work and time to open it, and I had already wasted enough of both for the day. Arguing with Marius would have to wait for some other time.
“What happened while I was gone?” I asked, brushing the traces of dust from my clothes.
“The Fates arrived a few minutes ago, I told them that you had a matter you were taking care of. Thanatos is also here and has made himself comfortable in one of the lower chambers. He doesn’t seem very pleased, might I add.”
“Thanatos is never pleased, James.” I retorted, running my fingers through my hair. “Do I look presentable?” I wasn’t sure why I was worried about making a good impression on the Fates, or even Thanatos, but was I was.
“You look fine –a little perturbed, but you’re having a hard time. They know that.” James set down the iron and moved from behind the laundry stacks to straighten my collar. “Relax.”
“How can I relax when I am going to ask these people to kill someone? If Zeus finds out, he isn’t going to be pleased. He handpicked Jacob for Marius. There was obviously some underhanded reason for it. If I have him killed, he’s going to be furious.”
“If you don’t feel that it is right, then don’t do it, sir.” James shook his head. “I know you feel as though Marius is being taken from you, but I don’t really think that that is the case. Zeus was looking out for his best interests –and you did give him permission to move on, several months ago.”
“That’s besides the point. He told me he would rather die then go to someone else. I believed him and perhaps I was foolish to do so.”
“Pardon me for saying so, but I don’t understand why are you so hung up on him. You had many millennia together, you should be happy with that.”
“I am happy with that, James. But I don’t want our millenniums together to end. Why should they end? He confessed he still loves me, James. That’s a step in the right direction, isn’t it?”
“I think this is a mistake, Hades.” James confessed, shaking his head, smoothing the sleeves of my shirt, and looking down at our feet. “You…you don’t have this kind of power over everyone. You don’t have much left to give up. How much is it going to take before you’re done?”
“As much as it takes, James. Please, don’t lecture me.”
“I don’t mean to lecture you.” James sighed, his fingers tightening around my shoulders. “But please…realize that you aren’t the only one being hurt here.”
I narrowed my eyes at him slightly, “What are you talking about?”
“When you go off on these tirades because of Marius, you aren’t the only person affected.”
“I know that.”
“It…it affects those of us under you, too.” James looked down, his hands sliding down my arms, pausing at my wrists before he pulled his hands away. “I…I know I’m not Marius, Hades. But if you need anything, there are those here that you can ask.”
I tilted my head to the side slightly, “Excuse me, James?”
“You heard me,” He nodded. “I’m not repeating myself.”
“I think you’re being a little…premature with your advances. Don’t you agree?”
“Not at all,” he shrugged. “I’m telling you what you need to know. You can have fun having Marius’s new lover murdered, but doing that isn’t going to bring Marius back here any faster. He is gone. He isn’t coming back. Not for a long time at any rate, and you can’t decide when he comes back or not. That’s Zeus’s right, as much as you hate to admit it.”
“We’ll continue this discussion later, James.” I raised an eyebrow at him. “I don’t want to keep the Fates and Thanatos waiting any longer.”
“Yes sir,” he nodded, backing away to the ironing board again.
I paused for an extra moment to watch him go back to work before I made my way out of the door.

The Fates, looking as wretched as they ever had with their single eyeball, thread, and scissors, were not amused with my plan.
“We are not going to prematurely end a mortals life just because of your jealousy,” Clothos voice was heavy and unfeeling.
“It’s preposterous,” Lachesis agreed. “Especially to rid the new world of such a pretty boy such as Jacob…” She turned their single eye on me, and I felt as though she could see into my very being. “Perhaps you would rather we did something about Marius’s life-thread instead?” She picked up a gold thread that was tied to her belt.
“What are you talking about?”
“It is not a secret here, Hades, that contrary to popular belief that we, the Fates, have nearly unlimited power… Would you like for us to take away his immortality? Turn him back into a human; turn him back into a shade?”
“No, I don’t want that. I’m happy with Marius just the way that he is.”
“No you aren’t,” Atropos shook her head. “Ever since he has become a fellow god, your life has been miserable. First having to share him with Zeus, then the apocalypse and this new earth where he is the godly voice to human kind… You never see him anymore. You hate that. You thought that it would be better if you left him, tried to start something with your new manservant, with James…but James wasn’t as openly receptive as Marius was.”
“Shut up, you know nothing.”
“We know everything,” Atropos shrugged. “We know that you have invited Thanatos here as well as us, incase we told you no. You plan on hiring him to go to earth, wooing the mortal boy and bringing him back here to you, where you will punish him eternally. We also know that you have no hope of hiding this from Marius. Marius does not love this boy, Hades, but he will fight for him. That is why we are saying no to end his life before it is time.”
“Fine,” I nodded. “Thank you for coming and hearing me out at least.”
“It’s our job to listen to your whims, Hades…Maybe another time we can come to a common ground, but right now…be happy just the way that things are. You’ll thank us for it later,” The three of them laughed in unison and then disappeared in a swirling puff of smoke just as Thanatos entered from behind.
“You wanted to see me?” Thanatos wasn’t exactly what you might expect from a God of the Dead. He differed from Fates and I in a few ways. Firstly, he resided mostly on earth and of his own accord. While the Fates ended lives on their scheduled meter, and Thanatos was almost their lackey and carried a list that continuously updated. The names oftentimes swam, switching places, and Thanatos had to keep sense of just who it was that he had to deliver back to the Underworld. Sometimes I thought that he resented me, acting as an Angel of Death for the benefit of my massive kingdom. He looked young, even though he remained centuries old. His eyes shone a bright blue, and his hair was shoulder-length, thick, slightly curled at the ends, and black in color.
“Yes, I did. Please, sit.”
The heavy coat he wore rustled, reminding me of his massive wingspan he hid, “No thanks. I’ll stand.” His hands shoved into his pockets and he stared at me. “What do you want? I have a job too, you know.”
“I know he isn’t dead yet,” I turned to pour two glasses of wine. “But I want you to pick up someone for me.”
“Oh?” Thanatos took the goblet from my hand but didn’t drink from it.
“You may have heard that Marius is residing on earth as a supreme word of the gods,” I rolled my eyes. “He has a servant boy…I want him gone.”
“So you called me?” Thanatos looked at the goblet, mulling over the idea of drinking it before he looked back up at me. “The Fates aren’t going to play your game this time, I take it? Then why should I cooperate?”
“Just because they won’t end his life, doesn’t mean that you can’t still kidnap him and bring him to me.”
“Planning on taking a page out of Zeus’s book, are you? Planning a bit of torture? Make the poor boy scream until the Fates have no other choice but to end it for him?”
“Maybe…you’ve got lots of good ideas.” I took a seat, leaning back against the wearing plush upholstery. “Perhaps you’d care to join in on the game when you bring him to me?”
“I never said I would bring him to you,” Thanatos shook his head. “If the Fates have said no, then I should say no too. The affairs of the gods aren’t my business.”
“I can reward you,” I tempted, sipping at the edge of my own goblet. “The wine isn’t poisoned or anything –you can drink it.”
“I’m not very thirsty. Tell me more about the reward.”
“What do you want?” I asked. “Money, jewels, land, recognition…”
“I don’t want any of that…why would I need any of that? I’m a fucking god.” Thanatos scoffed, setting the goblet down on the table near my chair. “I want something more.”
“A deal?”
“I’ve walked earth for millions of years. I had to gather every single fucking soul after the apocalypse. I want a few days of rest. They don’t realize it, but everything…everything that dies has to be collected. People, animals, plants…every living being.”
“I’m sorry,” I shrugged.
“Take over for me, or find someone who will. Two days, Hades, is all that I ask for.”
“Even if you did get two days off, what would you do?”
He smiled slightly, “I would sleep.”
My eyes narrowed slightly, “Is that a reference to your brother?”
“It could be, it’s been awhile since I’ve seen him,” He nodded. “But I look forward simply to resting. Standing here like this is the most relax I have been in years.”
I tilted my head to the side, “I’ll do you one better…What if I told you that you never had to work again a day in your life.”
“I think I might go crazy if that were the case. I’m not complaining about my duty…I simply need to take a break from it.”
“Then do that… Run your own sanction of reapers. I’ll give you your own choice of shades, instill the necessary power in them. You can relax more often. Be with your brother.”
“All that, just for delivering a mortal to you? What has this mortal done?”
“He took Marius from me.” I spoke matter-of-factly.
“Ah,” He nodded knowingly. “Marius, of course, I should have guessed as much. How is he coping, living and breathing with the humans?”
“I don’t know, he isn’t really speaking to me.” I shrugged. “That isn’t what we’re here to discuss. Will you do this for me in exchange for a faction of reapers?”
“Sure,” Thanatos nodded, his wings rustling underneath his jacket again. “I’ll kidnap the mortal for you. When do you want him?”
“As soon as possible,” I shrugged.
“You’ll have him within the hour then.”
“I look forward to it,” I smiled, and watched him down the goblet of wine before setting it down on the table and disappearing from the room.
True to his word, not more then an hour later, Thanatos dumped a very scared looking Jacob from his bag of tricks.
“There’s a group of shades waiting for you in the next room,” I told him, looking away from Jacob for a moment. “You make take your pick from them. There are further instructions on the table as you walk into the room.”
“How many are you allowing me?” Thanatos raised an eyebrow. “He wasn’t easy to get, you know.”
“I know,” I nodded. “Would five be adequate?”
“Five would be perfect,” He nodded.
“There’s also a room for you upstairs. James will show you the way when you’re ready.” I watched him stride from the room before I turned back on Jacob, who was cowering.
“I take it you realize who I am.” I crossed my arms over my chest, looking down at him.
“Y-yes…wh-why am I here? Am I dead?”
“No, unfortunately,” I sighed, taking a seat. “The Fates wouldn’t agree to kill you, much to my own dismay.”
“Why would you want me killed?” He sounded astonished.
I raised an eyebrow, “Are you seriously asking that question? You bewitch my lover into bed with you—“
“There was no bewitching! I had almost given up hope on being Marius’s lover! He approached me!”
“Lies!” I retorted. “Why would he do that?”
“Why would you tell him that he should go to me if you didn’t want him to? And now you’re planning on punishing me for your own mistake.”
“You have a lot of cheek,” His face turned as though I had slapped him, even though he still cowered across the room. His cheek turned red and he lifted his eyes to mine.
“I don’t mean disrespect,” His voice was barely above a whisper.
“Yes you do.” I stood up from the chair, striding across the room to him, and lifting him up by his throat. His fingers clutched at mine as I lifted him, and I felt him gulp under my palm. “You may be able to talk to Marius like you are equals or something, but I am a supreme deity. I will not hesitate to crush your body into a million little pieces, just to see if you’ll survive it. I would love nothing more at this moment then to torture you to the death until the Fates can no longer ignore your pain and cut your life thread just to put you out of your own fucking misery.” His eyes widened slightly, and I released his throat, dropping him back on to the floor. He fell to his knees, coughing and gasping for air.
“You aren’t like this,” He shook his head. “Marius could never love you if you were really like this.”
“Marius isn’t here,” I shrugged. “Gods and change, just like people do.”
“And you’re not a person?”
“I’m better then a person,” I strode back to my chair, leaning back into it.
“Look, I didn’t mean to offend you by sleeping with Marius. I was just doing what Zeus ordered me to do.”
“And what makes you think that Zeus is qualified to give that kind of an order, Jacob?” My head tilted to the side. “Do you hear stories about Zeus and Marius falling in love? Living a life in secret together for thousands of years? No, you hear about him kidnapping him, raping him, and holding him hostage three months out of the year.”
Jacob’s face flushed red, and he looked away, “I’m sorry. I was just…I was excited. It seemed like a good opportunity.”
“Tell me…is he happy?”
“Marius?”
“Yes, of course Marius.”
Jacob shrugged, “He seems content, I guess. I don’t know if you would call him truly happy though.”
I nodded, “Do you make him happy?”
“I try to,” He shrugged again.
I stood up again, moving over to a cupboard, and withdrew a mirror from it. I turned back to him, “I’ll let you go…but if something happens to him, anything at all…I want to know about it. You can use this to communicate with me.” I pushed the mirror into his hands. “Any time, and I mean that.”
He nodded, “Okay.”
“Does Marius know that you’re gone?”
“I…I don’t know. I was alone when I was taken.”
“You may return then. Use this portal.” I brushed aside a billowing curtain where a portal was already waiting. “Don’t tell Marius you were here. Don’t tell him you spoke to me.”
“…That…that’s it? You aren’t going to punish me?”
“Like you said, I’m not that kind of person.” I pushed him through the portal and dropped the curtain back over it.
“How touching,” Thanatos had returned. “You let him go without laying a hand on him. I am almost disappointed in you, Hades. I thought you had it in you to make his life a living hell.”
“Marius likes him. I’ll let him live for now.” I shrugged. “What can I help you with Thanatos?”
“I couldn’t find your manservant, so I was wondering if perhaps the man of the house would be willing to do something as mundane as showing a guest to his room.”
“Of course,” I nodded. “I’d be happy to, Thanatos.”
He followed slightly behind me as I led him out of my meeting chamber and up the winding staircase towards the out-of-the-way room I had arranged for him.
Thanatos looked appreciatively around the room before taking a seat on the large, ornate, four-post bed.
“Classy,” He whistled.
“It is just one of the many rooms Marius and I redecorated during our…renovation years.”
“How long as it been? Since you’ve been with Marius, I mean.”
“He left about a year and a half ago.”
“But you’ve seen him since then,” Thanatos pressed on.
I smiled softly, “We made love once since then, if that’s what you’re really asking me. About three months ago.”
“And you got jealous because Marius slept, willingly, with another man, before you got the chance to move on. Is that right?”
“I never thought he would.”
“But you had plans for yourself.”
“I got lonely rather quickly. But I didn’t want to betray him. I do love him, but…I needed someone. Anyone.”
“And did you find your someone?” Thanatos slid his jacket from his shoulders, letting his huge black wings stretch out for the first time. He lay out the jacket on the foot of the bed before leaning down to untie his boots.
“I thought so. I thought it would be easy to find another lover, but it really isn’t. I loved Marius so much, for so many years…I forgot how to conduct myself.”
“It’s not hard,” Thanatos shook his head. “You just have to make your feelings clear.”
“Oh? And what do you know of love, Thanatos?”
“I know a lot more then I get credit for.”
“You know, I always got the feeling from you, that you didn’t like me.” I crossed my arms over my chest, watching him slid his boots from his feet, placing them slightly under the bed.
“I like you just fine. I don’t need world recognition or a kingdom to be happy.”
“And are you happy?”
“Most of the time, I am content.” He nodded.
“And the rest of the time?”
“The rest of the time, I wish I could be happy with someone,” Thanatos stretched, lying comfortably on the bed, looking comfortable in his jeans and t-shirt, “Even if it’s only for a little while.”
“I know what you mean.”
“So…do you want to be happy with me? Just for a little while?”
“I don’t know, Thanatos. I thought you wanted to rest.” I stepped closer to the bed, intrigued by his offer.
“Rest can wait,” His smile was sort of wicked, but inviting. “I want to fuck first. It’s been a long time since I just felt someone else’s skin on mine.”
“Okay then,” I nodded. “Lets do it.”
His smile widened, and his arms spread open. I kicked my boots off to the side of the bed before I crawled across the open space, letting him take me against his chest. His mouth felt good against mine. Better then I thought it would. He had lust hidden deep within him, and he wasn’t wasting a single unnecessary drop. His fingers dug into my hips as he pulled me over top of him, his feathers rustling softly.
“Doesn’t lying like this hurt your wings?” I asked. My fingers traced over the top curve of his left one, the soft feathers feeling soft under my touch.
“They’re more durable then they look. You could yank them pretty hard before it would really bother me.”
“They’re beautiful. They suit you.”
“Enough talk,” He whispered, his lips brushing mine as he spoke. “I think it’s time we lost more of this clothes, hmm?”
“How does this come off?” I tugged at his t-shirt, finding it unfathomable that he had ever gotten it on over his enormous wingspan in the first place.
“It doesn’t. Leave it.” He breathed, his hands between us unbuttoning my shirt and pushing it back over my shoulders.
“Why?” I asked.
“Just leave it,” He insisted, not answering the question.
“What if I just tore it off? Would you get angry?” I asked.
“No, but I probably wouldn’t want to sleep with you anymore.”
“What are you hiding, Thanatos?”
“Maybe if you’re a good boy, Hades, I’ll share a few of my secrets with you when we’ve finished. For now, the shirt stays on.” He chided, his lips touching the bare flesh of my shoulder.
“Why?” I pushed. “Have you got horrible scars under there? Are you missing chunks of flesh? Are you simply blindingly pale?”
“Yes, all of that.” He teased. His mouth was warm against mine as my fingers brushed under the hem of his tight shirt. “A couple of million years, dragging the dead kicking and screaming back to their makers tends to piss off a lot of mortals.”
My fingertips brushed a piece of charred-feeling skin. It felt hard and rough against my smooth touch.
“Why didn’t it heal?” I asked, intrigued to see just what it was he was hiding behind his façade.
He sighed, rolling over on top of me and kissing me roughly for a moment before he leaned back. “Why are you so interested in my flaws?”
“Because I’ve never been with anyone who had them –physical flaws, I mean.”
“Ahh, opening up a new fetish then are you? Sick of sleeping with all of the perfectly shaped fools out there; you’ve got to go for the ones with the disfigurements.”
“I didn’t even know about it until just now,” I shrugged.
“Do you really want to see?” He asked. “I’ve never shown anyone before. Not really anyway. There was a mortal girl once, thought I had fallen in love with her, but…it didn’t work out after she found out what I was.”
“Falling for mortals is stupid anyway,” I shrugged. “They aren’t able to fully comprehend the subtleties of being an immortal entity.”
Thanatos took a deep breath before his hands pulled mine away from his chest, “Stop touching it,” He insisted. “Please?” He pushed my hands above my head before leaning down to press his lips against mine again. “This is getting to be to…sentimental. I just wanted a quick fuck, Hades. I don’t want any kind of attachments, okay?”
I nodded, “My apologies.”
He was quiet again, looking down at his hands as they undid the fastening on the front of my trousers. He took a few moments, brushing his hand over my member, still hidden beneath the layer of clothing.
“What’s the matter?” I asked.
“I suppose I should tell you…I haven’t been with very many men,” He looked back up at me.
“It’s like riding a horse,” I teased. “You never forget.” I nudged his knees apart to lift my hips, pushing the last of my clothes off myself. He bit his lip in what I took to be an appreciative manner.
“Have you ever even ridden a horse?” He averted his eyes towards my face. His hands however had a mind of their own, stroking the length of my already semi-erect member.
“No, but I’ve heard stories.” I mused, my hands going to unbutton his jeans now. He groaned as I pulled him free from his encasing, and nearly lost his balance as I pushed them to his knees. He fell onto his side, pushing them off the rest of the way to join the remnants of our clothes.
“Okay,” I pulled him, feeling my shaft pressing into his thigh, and his into mine. “Now the only thing between us is your pride,” I tugged at his t-shirt. “Is it really so bad? Or are you just nervous about what I’ll think of you?”
He looked down at his shirt, pulling it up slightly from his hip, “I don’t know…how do you feel about burn marks left over from the apocalypse?” He raised it just high enough to show off a patch of dark, bubbly looking almost, skin. “Do you really want to feel this against you?”
My fingertips traced the edge of the burn, but I still looked up at his face, “How come they’re only on your chest?”
“They aren’t –they weren’t. They’re healing, but slowly. I was caught in a pretty big explosion near the beginning. There was a couple of years when I was nearly all bone, and muscle tissue. My skin took awhile to come back.”
“Ah,” I nodded. It had been nearly four years since the apocalypse had ended, and almost six since it had begun. It had taken Thanatos that long to get all of the souls, and Charon to deliver them all to the gates. While that was going on, the rest of the gods were making plans for the Earth II, trying to pinpoint when exactly humanity went wrong –when they stopped believing in us.
“If it makes you feel better, Thanatos,” I pushed his t-shirt back down over the burn. “You can leave it, I won’t pressure you about it.”
His lips caught mine again, and his arm wrapped around me, pushing me onto my back again, stroking our members together. I groaned against his lips, savoring that feeling of being flesh-to-flesh.
“So, how do you want to do this?” He leaned on an elbow, his breath still warm against my lips. His bright, black eyes stared down into mine. “Would you actually tolerate me fucking you? Or would you prefer it the other way around?”
“There are other ways to fuck that don’t involve anyone’s asses getting reamed, Thanatos. I thought you, of anyone, what with your extensive travels, would realize that.”
“I know there are other ways, Hades,” He chided. “That way is simply the most recreational.”
“What do you want to do?” I asked, tracing his lips with my fingertips. “You’re the one who started all of this.”
He hummed softly, his eyes half-closing as he parted his lips to dip his tongue between my fingers. His own hands pressed down against my shoulders as he turned me over onto my back again. “Fuck me –just like this. Then let me return the favor.”
“Are you sure?”
“Positive,” His hands were removed from my shoulders, and replaced upon our members, caressing them roughly together. A few moments later, his mouth had engulfed me. I sat up right, surprised by the sudden attack. A placed a palm on the back of his head, gently at first, then pushed his skilled and fevering mouth deeper over me.
His mouth returned to mine, his breath warming my lips again. His tongue shared the droplets of come that had been brought forth with mine, and his hands pushed down between us, positioning himself over me before plunging slowly backwards. I was inside him within moments. His mouth felt greedy and his teeth nipped at my lips, coaxing them apart to introduce his tongue back into play.
“Your hands…” He urged, taking them the bed where I was holding myself steady as he moved himself over me. “They need to be on me.” He wrapped one of my arms around his waist, and brought the other to his member. He pushed me back, his wings spreading around us to create a dark little cocoon of lust.
I grunted softly, my arms going around his shoulders as he drove me mad. He was keeping my thrusts short and direct, not relinquishing any kind of control. He grunted as we crushed his left wing for a moment, as I forced him onto his back. My arms went under his knees, pulling them up to push into him harder and faster then he had been letting me.
“That hurt,” He didn’t sound like he was in much pain, but was still annoyed.
“I’m sorry,” I pulled his legs around my waist to lean forward. My palm brushed the mop of dampening hair from his forehead and I pressed a fresh kiss to his lips. “You were going too slowly. I had to do something.” My fingers brushed his feathers, before going to his hips, lifting him up a little higher. He moaned loudly, his arms wrapping around my shoulders, pulling me down to him and catching our lips together. My mouth opened involuntary in gasp, as I began to empty myself into him. Our moans exchanged in each others throats, and he continued to harden between our abdomens. His excitement at being pressed between our bodies while I drove into him, was evident.
I hadn’t even quite finished spilling my seed before he had me trapped under him on my stomach, my lower-half brought to him, and filled to maximum with his tool. One arm wrapped tightly around my waist, holding me in place while he moved methodically in and out. His other hand was on my member, coaxing out the last of my orgasm.
It didn’t take long before he was groaning against the back of my neck, his hands slipping to my thighs, pushing them further apart. He was bucking irregularly into me, and his teeth bit into my shoulder. I felt the first jet escape him and moaned along with him as he emptied into me. When he had finished, he rested his cheek against my back, still thrusting softly in the ricochet of momentum. He breathed heavily as he rolled away, his wings brushing my sides. He reached over, skimming his hands over my backside, coating his fingers with his own come.
“Do you want to taste?” He offered his fingers me. I paused for a moment before licking his fingers, sucking the tips for a moment, then lapping hungrily at his palm. He smirked, getting aroused again of the image I made while I cleaned off his hand. He reached down between his own legs where my own ejaculation was still warm and damp. He licked a sample from his fingers before stretching his arms above his head with a contented sigh.
“You’re content now?” I confirmed, watching him close his eyes.
He smiled before nodding, “You’re a good lover, Hades.”
I laughed, “Thank you, I think.”
He opened his eyes slightly, turning his head to look at me, “You’re welcome to stay. We could do it again.”
I picked myself up from the bed, leaning over him for a moment. His face was stained with worry, wondering if he had gone to far. My mouth twitched in a shirt smile, and I pressed a small kiss to his lips, “Maybe. For now, you should rest. You’ve worked hard. You deserve to just sleep for a bit.”
He watched me move from the bed, picking up my clothes from around the bed and pulling them back on.
“Hades?” He called me back, as I began to close the door behind me.
“Yes, Thanatos?” I asked, turning back.
“When you’re ready again, I’ll be right here.”
“I know.”

No comments: